Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day

Valentines Day has always been one of my favorite holidays.
It's such a sweet and unpretentious holiday, don't you think?
I have passed this love of mine down to one of my daughters-she has hung hearts everywhere in the house.
I love it-it makes Feburary much less dreary.

Another perk of this holiday was that I was able to help out in Hollis' class this morning.
I was "snack mom" so I made Rice Krispie treats because of a allergy issue in Hollis' class..(I won't mention that it took me two hours to cut them in perfect heart shapes and tint them the most Valentiney pink).
50% of the kids ate them.
They said they were too hard. And too pink.
I told them if they ate them, then maybe they would lose a tooth and then the tooth fairy would come.


The tooth fairy can thank me later...

As for Jason and me, we kept it simple this year.
I asked him three nights ago if he had gotten me a card.
"Ummm. no not yet."
I couldn't see his face but I'm sure it resembled a deer in headlights.
"That's ok," I reassured him, "let's not do them this year-I don't want to stand in line at CVS."
That's bad, isn't it?
Maybe we keep things too simple around here.
However simple or complicated a day, we wish you a very Happy Valentines...

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you clarified because I sat and studied that first picture certain you were going to say that you made the class raw hamburger patties as their treat! Ha ha!

    We are not even allowed to bring in ANYTHING home made OR made in a bakery so that really limits the things you can do! No fun!

    ReplyDelete