Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A kindergartner no more

Today was Hollis' last day of kindergarten.
Wasn't it just yesterday we were dropping her off?
I was wearing my big grandma sunglasses-the ones that cover half my face- so she wouldn't notice when I teared up.
By the way, it didn't work.
She still noticed.
And she still asks me why I cried her first day of school.
Oh, one day you will understand, baby girl.

She had me walk her to her classroom for the whole first month because she was still a little unsure of the situation.
I thought to myself every morning-how long is this going to last??


This morning I needed to go to the school office to make a correction for next years enrollment.
I told her I was going to walk her in and she says,"Oh no, Mom. You are NOT GOING to walk me down to my classroom like you used to, right??"
Sigh.

I asked Hollis how she wanted to celebrate this year-now that she is a big 1st grader.
Spaghetti dinner and chocolate cake it was.
And let's not forget the Gilligans Island reruns.


It's never a party at our house unless there is water involved.
Lots and lots of water.
I hope I am not in town when Jason opens the water bill.
I'm just sayin'.

Here's to you Summer...we welcome you with open arms.
We are going to get along quite nicely, I can already tell.

1 comment:

  1. I wish our summers where still like that

    ReplyDelete