Friday, November 20, 2009

Birthdays, BBQ and Water Buffalo (Oh MY!)





































I (heart) NC.






Too many of the things I love..too far from the people I love...

It is hard to believe we have been back from Winston a week now. Our visit was filled with all things familiar- BBQ, a trip to Mrs Hanes cookie factory, a stroll through Thruway, a yummy brunch at the Dessertery, a scrumptous birthday cake from Dewey's Bakery, a picnic at Tanglewood and the spotting of deer there, Bojangles fried chicken and sweet tea-just to name a few. There is nothing like coming home after I have been away for awhile, the familiar sights, sounds and food, the genuine friendliness and graciousness of the South, the sweet, soothing Southern accent that is music to my ears, the beauty of the piedmont which I took for granted while growing up there.Most imporantly, nothing compares to being surrounded by people who know all about you but love you anyway-Family. The older I get, the more I realize that kid from Kansas was right after all.

There is no place like home...

No comments:

Post a Comment