Sunday, November 29, 2009

Daddy's Girl


Hollis has become quite a Daddy's girl as of late. She constantly is asking when he is coming home, when his next day off is, if we can go visit him at work, etc etc. This is such a change from even last year when she needed/wanted me to do everything with her or for her. So, I am enjoying this "changing of the guard" a little bit; it is refreshing to witness that sweet Daddy/Daughter bond develop.

The other night, Hollis was watching TV and pops her head over the couch and says to the both of us sitting at the kitchen table, "I am going to ask the NICE ONE this question. DAD, can I have some ice cream?"

I almost wet my pants I was laughing so hard.Clearly, in her eyes, I am NOT the nice one. That is ok, I guess she'd better get used to it sooner than later.

She drove her point home even further on Friday night around 8:00. Jason was still at the club and she asked when he was coming home. I told her probably in the next 30 minutes. She looks and me and says,"Hey Mom, thanks for babysitting me all day while Daddy was at work."

Babysittter. That's what I've been reduced to. Good thing babysitters around Zionsville make a pretty penny. No more pro bono for me!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment