I win the worst blogger award for this past week.
Between VBS, a toe emergency, ultrasound appt. and catching up with friends, I have been M.I.A.
But this is a new week
A nice lazy slow one
Just the way I like it.
One of the highlights of my week was being able to spend time with my friend Rachel.
She drove from Iowa, with her two sweet boys, to visit all her friends in the Hoosier state.
For the record, that's 8 hours.
And I did mention she did it by herself with 2 little ones in tow, right?
That's one of the many things I love about Rach-she doesn't let fear stop her.
She doesn't take the easy way out.
She lives life to the fullest.
And she is a great listener.
She asks lots of questions. And she is so honest.
I could tell her I was pen pals with Charles Manson and she wouldn't judge me.
In fact, she would probably say, "Oh really? He is an unique fellow. I could see how he would be an interesting pen pal."
And I won't even talk about her Carrie Underwood hair that is the envy of all who meet her.
Everyone needs a Rachel in their life.
I know I am glad I have mine.
Sat night we were able to spend the evening with the Thawleys and their 3 boys.
Our family loves spending time with theirs.
Barefoot kids.
Lightening bugs flickering in jars.
Ice cream sandwiches and lemonade.
Treehouses and swingsets.
Childrens giggles.
Big Dipper and Little Dipper sightings.
Will Hollis remember any of these moments?
These moments filled of innocence and beauty and friendship and sweetness?
Will she recall them after she is grown and smile when she thinks about the perfection of this night?
Will she know that Jason and I did our best to gift her with a childhood full of goodness and love?
I hope so.
It was a night that would've made Harper Lee smile.
That I know for sure.
Monday, June 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Maybe you were MIA last week but you came back strong today. This made me feel "warm and fuzzy", thanks
ReplyDeleteSis
Allie, you are a rock star--I love you! You are way too kind and generous and I'm so thankful for your friendship. I love to continue discovering all of your depth and layers and learn from you all of the time.
ReplyDelete