Thursday, January 6, 2011

Adios 2010

Welcome 2011.
We didn't welcome you in with lots of noise.
Or impressive feasts.
Or massive comsumption of aged and fine spirits.
No noisemakers or hats.
No countdowns.
No big parties with fancy duds.
I don't even think we stayed awake to greet you.
Instead, we ushered you in by basking in the company of good friends and enjoying the Twlight Zone Marathon on tv.
I hate to tell you this, but you've got some BIG shoes to fill.
GINORMOUS.
You see, 2010 was really good to us.
Super Duper Good.
A new beautiful healthy baby.
A mother-in-law who beat cancer.
An  Aunt who retired and is now free to enjoy the leisures and blessings only retirement can bring.
Friends and Family that are healthy and surround us with love on a daily basis.
A certain five year old that can fill me with wonder and laughter every.single.day.
A husband's whose employment allows me the liberty to stay home and do what I love.
A cozy home with warm beds, an overflowing pantry and a old dog that has been with us since the beginning.
A love for a compassionate and merciful God that continues to strengthen and mold me on a daily basis.

So let's see what you got, 2011...
I'm ready for you...the good. the bad.the ugly.
Ready for whatever you have up your sleeve.
Bring it.














No comments:

Post a Comment