Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Big Day

Just in case this crazy mom forgot...Hollis left a little reminder for me.
She must know I need all the help I can get. :)

We put a very  excited 5 year old to bed.
And woke up to a even more excited 6 year old (with a terrible cough!)
I swear she has grown an inch overnight.
How does that happen??
Since Hollis chose to have a destination birthday again this year, I told her that she could have a simple "playdate" with 1 friend on her special day.
And of course there is cake.
And ice cream.
And streamers.
And pizza.
And pin the tail on the donkey.
And 3 more friends.
And favors.
And me cleaning the house for 2 days.
And baking a homemade cake at 9 o'clock last night only to go and put it in the fridge and TRIP..spilling the cake all over my kitchen floor and inside of fridge.

And me up again early this morning to bake another cake.

Miss Party Pants decided she wanted to get the party started this morning at 5:30.
I think Hollis is most excited about the fact that one of her friends gets to carpool home with us today-that she's not stuck in the back of the car by herself with her crying sister.

Maybe there is a reason birthdays only come once a year.
I think next year we might just keep it simple...with ponies and clowns.






Happy 6th Birthday, my sweet Hollis.
I hope it was all you dreamed of, carpools and all.

2 comments:

  1. Any mother that will make TWO birthday cakes- well, she gets my vote for mother of the year !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Hollis! So happy to hear you had a nice birthday! Have a wonderful trip to Chicago!
    Love,
    the Hedenbergs

    ReplyDelete