Hello Chicago...
Meet Miss Hollis....She has been waiting an awfully long time to meet you...
Full of boundless energy...
And growth...
We were even able to pick up a new family member while visiting...
I snapped this shot at 10:00 at night.
Wide awake.
And wide awake at 12 and 2 and 4 and 6 too.
I think I found her kryptonite..Hotel Rooms.
If you do not like to eat, Chicago is not the place for you.
Our family does like to eat..and eat we did.
Garretts Popcorn, Ginos East, The Rosebud, The Dog House.
We left no stone unturned and took no prisoners.
If you asked Hollis what she liked most about Chicago, she would probably tell you, "Riding In a Taxi."
She asked us every 5 minutes to go for a ride in a taxi.
At one point I looked at Jason and said,"If she asks me that again, I am going to flag the first taxi I see, put her in it, and send it home to Zionsville."
WOW.
I will tell you that going to Chicago with kids is a WHOLE lot different than going to Chicago without kids.
I'll let you read between the lines on that one.
When we were leaving Ginos East, I ran into a old family friend from Winston-Salem-right there in Chicago!!
It took my breath away.
And then I ran into my OB doctor and her family at the aquarium the next day.
I love serendipitous moments like that.
It is a small world, isn't it?
Thank you Chi-Town for enduring our family for a couple of days.
You helped create some wonderful memories for us.
You are,indeed, our kind of town.
We will give you a couple of months of some much needed respite...
But we'll be back before you know it.



Looks like a great weekend! Glad you all had a good time!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Leslie
What a great post with so many wonderful pictures. Sounds like you had a fun, different experience than experiences past, right? :)
ReplyDeleteMMM Garrett's popcorn it's been too long......
Good for you for biting the bullet and keeping the adventure on even with baby in tow....