Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hollis' Happy Place

The weather has broken.
It is really hot here. 85 degrees!!
Where for art thou, my friend Spring??

We spent most of yesterday working in the yard.
Mulching, planting,  weeding.
It felt good to be outside again.
We gave Hollis a choice of what we were going to do after naptime.
Picnic at Arbuckle Park or a long car ride complete with new movie to the Beef House.
I bet  you can't  guess where we ended up. :)
No amount of bribbing could change this child's mind.
Arbuckle Park or Bust.

Poor Man. He loves him some Beef House.
He looks so defeated, doesn't he?

We were hiking on one of the trails and Jason looks down and says,"Do you think that thing is real?"


Not sure what kind of snake it was-Dad, do you know?
Jason says most people run away as fast as they can when they see a snake-
and my Dad runs towards it.
Jason was really wishing he was at the Beef House after the reptile encounter.

I heart this picture.

I really *heart* these two.

Look at this face.
This kid has the best faces.
And the sweetest disposition.
She's a keeper.

Ahh, the famous stick in the water race.
No picnic is ever complete without a run to the Dairy Bar.
Jason is not a fan of lines-
Especially in 85 degree weather.
But he will wait forever and a day for an M&M flurry at the Dairy Bar.
He waited 25 minutes!!
Collins and I waited in the car and practiced our wet slurpy kissing.
I love days like today.
Being outside. Being with my family.
Laughing, dreaming, focusing on each other and while knowing in my heart it will not always be this simple.
Yep.
It's a gift.
The gift of an ordinary day.


3 comments:

  1. What a happy post! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that last picture- aren't baby eat-your-face kind of kisses just the best?
    Love,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness the slurpy face picture made me laugh out loud. I can remember exactly what that feels like when they wish your cheek was something else. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the grossest snake I have ever seen

    ReplyDelete