Here is a a peek into our sunny, funny and very FULL days.
Monday we had a very mild morning here-so I threw the girls in the car, packed a picnic and headed down to the art museum.
Doesn't it look like the mother ship is back to take Hollis with them???
Hmmm-maybe that explains some things. ;)
We have enrolled Hollis in the Jr. Golf Camp at the club.
She goes twice a week.
Jason just takes her to work with him in the morning and then we all meet for lunch later in the day.
Hollis gets to knock around a few balls.
Mama gets to spend time with her good friend Starbucks (and to bypass the dollar/bribe isle at Target altogether.)
Everybody's a winner around here on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
We visit the library at least once a week.
I never cap the book limit for Hollis.
Or myself for that matter.
We have left the library with 42 books before.
We have book hoarding issues, I know.
But is there anything better than settling down with a good book on a hot summers day?
I'm thinking no.
Saturdays mean farmers markets galore.
So we packed up and headed to Danville in search of some sweet corn.
We were a week too early..but we did find some handcranked Amish ice cream.
Shhh..I would rather have ice cream anyway.
Danville has the sweetest restaurant called the Mayberry Cafe.
The inside is decorated to look like Aunt Bees house.
Lace, glass kick-knacks, flowery wallpaper.
Usually Barney Fife's squad car is parked out front.
They have Andy Griffith episodes playing all the time on the tvs.
That was a favorite part-enjoying a hot dog while watching Barney
"nip it in the bud"
We are not supposed to watch tv while we eat at our house-so this was a VERY big deal indeedy.
At the end of the meal, they gave Hollis a token and told her she could use it on either an ice cream sundae or a surprise at the front counter.
She looked at me and said,"I wanna come here for lunch EVERYDAY."
And last but not least- our 4th celebration last night at the club.
Fun yet exhausting.
Collins and I cut the evening short and left Daddy and Hollis to enjoy the fireworks.
I'm not a huge fireworks fan so that was more than ok with me...it gave me an excuse to curl up with the newest Southern Living magazine in the air conditioning!
So I may not be a fireworks fan..but I am a cotton candy fan.
There are some things in life a Mama just cannot share.
May your 4th weekend be full of cookouts,sparklers,pool parties
fireworks and Lee Greenwood....
(Come'n you know it wouldn't be 4th of July without that dude.)
fireworks and Lee Greenwood....
(Come'n you know it wouldn't be 4th of July without that dude.)



I remember that mermaid that Collins use to have
ReplyDelete