Friday, July 29, 2011

Hot Fun in the Summertime

Hello all.
I've been taking a little blog break for a week or so.
It's even too hot to blog(and cook and clean house and take my kids to public pool-who says heat is BAD?)
Took a little jaunt up to Michigan to visit Grandma and Grandpa-hoping to escape the heat.
NO DICE.



Jason and Hollis went with his folks to the Detroit Tigers Game.

Hollis likes to hang with Grandpa because they go down in the basement, listen to the Oak Ridge Boys on a cassette tape and "build things".
Grandpa says bad words like "stupid" and "dumb" so Hollis thinks that is really cool since we are not supposed to say things like that at our house.
She thinks it's funny when he and Grandma fight about whether to eat dinner at 5 or 5:30(Shhhh...I do too..don't tell anyone.)

I love the LePages backyard.
It's like a park with the towering trees, the lovely green grass-the squirrels and birds fluttering about.
We spent a lot of time in the backyard on this trip.

Collins like to hang with Grandma because Grandma fusses over her all the time.
She is always playing peek-a-boo with her or telling her how cute she is or mashing up strawberries for her to gulp down.
She also feeds her ice cream when she thinks I'm not looking.
Now when any of us eat ice cream around Collins, she clicks her tongue and squeals!
What are Grandma's for, right?

It's nice to be adored, isn't it?

These two are used to taking baths together.
So it only made sense for Hollis to get a shampoo in...(I think it was stressing Grandma out)
Hollis can make me laugh like no one else.
I love her spunk.

So that's it.
Hollis has about 17 days left before she starts school.
There are so many things that I want to do with them before she starts...I don't know if it's gonna happen-but I'm sure gonna try.

No comments:

Post a Comment