Friday, July 15, 2011

Ramblings

Here are some ramblings from our quiet sleepy house this Friday morning:

Last week  I popped the new Brad Paisley CD in the car and took the girls blueberry picking at a farm about 30 mintues north of here.
I have never been blueberry picking before so I wasn't quite sure what to expect.
Blackberry picking is what I know best.

No snakes.
No thorns.
Just simple blue berries to gently pluck.



Hollis would have picked all day..maybe it was the overalls that were inspiring her...she was getting into that farmer theme.

On the way home I saw a sign for an estate sale.
I don't have any pictures of our treasures but I realized I have passed my love of all things vintage down to my firstborn.
She kept saying,"Mom, this is sooo vintage."
And she was RIGHT!!
We felt like we hit the lottery when we walked away with a 1950's pitcher, some vintage handtowels and a little metal lunchbox-all for 7 buckaroos.

The new Brad Paisley CD+a midsummer excursion with my girls+vintage goodness=
My New Favorite Memory.

 Sunday night is Family Golf Night.
This year I get to take part.
And I get to experience the joy of watching Hollis play-and the joy of watching Jason's face while she plays.
I'm not sure what is better.
Jason had already been at the course for 12 hours when we arrived.
And it was HOT that day.
He was thrilled to have Hollis down there.
She would hit a shot and he would say,"Did you see that Abird? She just nailed it."
So proud of his budding golfer.
I love the way he loves his girls.


I might look the part of a serious golfer..but I sure do not have the game.
I'm always worried that the members are watching me and my lack of golf skills.
Have you seen the golf pro's wife swing a club??
Killin snakes is what she's doin'
HAHAHHAHA.

And that is about all for last week.
I'm a week behind on my posts.
It's summer, right?

Ohhh, and tonight is date night.
Maybe a little Maggianos
Maybe a little vino.
Maybe a stroll around the mall.
I'm smiling just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment