Monday, April 19, 2010

Yuck.

Please excuse my lack of posting lately.
I have been surrounded by sickness.
Hollis has had terrible allergies this week.
By terrible, I mean up to 6-7 nosebleeds a day.
And the middle of the night.
She also has an yucky cough that will not go away.
And when I didn't think I could stand the fun any longer, we were visited by a stomach bug on Sat night.
Double yuck.
We took her to the Dr. today, so I am hoping there is some relief in sight.
I hate it when she is sick.
I feel like my whole world is out of kilter.
And I allow my mind to entertain  the darkest worse case scenarios.
I am sleeping with one eye open and one foot on the ground.

I am taking her to the hospital on Wed  for some testing.
They want to be sure there is not a more serious underlying problem that we need to address.
A teeny tiny slight chance, but a chance all the same.

When you lay your head on your pillow tonight, will you please lift up a prayer for our sweet Hollis?
Prayer moves moutains.
And we may have some mountains to move in the coming days.

1 comment:

  1. A:

    Thanks for being such a great mom and taking care of "Sweet Lou". This is just a bump in the road and I know Hollis is going to be just fine. You 2 misfits are the best.

    ReplyDelete