Yesterday she asked if we could take her fishing.
The fishing snob(who doesn't fish) in the group wanted to take her to some state regulated park .
Nonsense.
We were gonna kick it white trash style.
We took her to our neighborhood retention pond.
After digging up some anorexic worms in the front yard, we were off like a dirty shirt.
We are a serious bunch, aren't we?
The fishing rod didn't have a bobber and you practically had to throw it in the water since it didn't cast.
I asked Jason if he thought that was the worst $2 I have ever spent.
He said 'yes".
Good thing he has already forgotten about the $3 cordless phone that didn't work I bought last week.
It was looking quite dismal for these fishermen.
UNTIL
These boys felt pity on us and lent us a bobber and a fat worm
They kept catching all these fish and then would shout"Look at this!"
I would give them a thumbs up sign and yell back, "That's Great!"
Jason ignored them.
But LOOK....these kids knew what they were doing.
Now if we can just get her to touch the fish, we might make fisherwoman of her yet.
And the fish will quake at the sound of our names.



No comments:
Post a Comment