Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Sweetest Day

Hollis and her classmates have been anticipating this day for a long time.
The details were top secret.
I didn't know what to expect.
Today was the famed Mothers Day Tea at her preschool.
And I was the guest of honor-well me and 13 other Mamas.

I was greeted by the prettiest little girl with the prettiest little rose.


And then the pledges, both Christian and American.
I wasn't aware there was a Christian Pledge-but I'm glad there is.

And then some special songs just for the Mamas.
I don't think Hollis is ever going to be involved in drama/chorus or anything that involves standing in front of people and performing.
She had a sour look on her face the whole time. At one point I thought she might cry.
I kept looking at her and pointing to my mouth and smiling.
Like a  dreadful stage  Mom.
I was glad for that part to be over.
I think she was too.
We dined on fresh fruit and donuts and cinnamon rolls. The kids were all hopped up on sugar after that.
Poor Miss Ann and Miss Jody.
Then Hollis showed me the picture she colored of me.

In case you can't see this..Hollis apparently thinks I am "50 Hundred" years old.
One of the Moms looked at me and said," Dang Girl you look good for 50-100."
And then they started calling me a "cougar."
I almost wet my pants I was laughing so hard.


Yep. Classic symptoms of a preschool sugar high.

There are days in my life that come and go and I can barely recall them.
But this is one I will remember for years to come.
It is tucked away in my heart.
Thank you, Hollis, for being my daughter.
I love you to the moon and back.

4 comments:

  1. Adorable! What a special memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend, you sure do look beautiful for 50-100. It's like when Luke says, slow down! You are going sixty six seventy seventy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Girls. It was a very fun day. Even for this senior.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this special moment !

    ReplyDelete