Been visiting a new church for about 3 months.
It is ginormous- consider it a mega-church.
Hard to get used to from this Conservative Southern Methodist girl.
Last Sunday, the minister spoke of God's unfailing love and grace.
It moved me to tears. Tears running down my cheeks kind of tears.
I have never been moved to tears in in any message I have listened to in 35 years.
I was caught off guard by my emotions but I loved the way it felt.
Can't wait to go back Sunday for more.
Paradise Cafe and Bouncertown with a good friend and her 3 boys.
Have you ever been to Paradise Cafe?
They have the BEST chocolate chip cookies ever.period.
I swear they put illegal substances in them to make them addictive.
I don't care. Call me an addict.
I am convinced I have the best friends ever.
They are amazing . Positive, loving,funny, loyal, generous.
And they hang with me though I am oh-so-flawed.
Even though some of them moved away and left me here alone in the Hoosier State-you know who you are-
I feel so abundantly blessed by their friendships.
Speaking of love, I am getting geared up to go back home South.
I can't ignore the tug at my heart any longer.
Awesome family time, beach vacation, sweet tea and BBQ and "Ya'lls" here I come.
Oh, and my baby sister's new
When did she get old enough to buy her own place?
Country roads. Take me home. To the place, I belong.
Hollis' last day of preschool is Tuesday.
Still strugglin' with that one.
Why is it so hard for me to let go?
Maybe it's cause I know what is comin down the road. Yucky talks about drugs. boys.friends.bad attititudes.
And other things I don't want to think about.
She has her "graduation" ceremony on Tuesday.
Hoping I can hold it together.
I think I need to go see the wizard for courage.
Or maybe I'll save that trip for the first day of kindergarten.
Lots of rain this week.
I love rainy afternoons.
There is nothing better than listening to the rain and snuggling up to Hollis for an afternoon nap.
I love listening to her breathe.
She reminds me of a baby rabbit the way she snuggles deep in the quilts.
Books. Homemade Chocolate Chip cookies. Naps.
Pure bliss on rainy days.
Hot date with the hubby tonight.
We are going to our favorite italian restaurant in Broad Ripple-Mama Corollas.
Mama's is nestled down in the heart of the city in a little stucco house.
Candles on the tables and fire in the fireplace.
And chicken parm.
We used to go there when we were young and hip and cool.
That would PH (pre-Hollis) for all those curious minds out there.
I am looking forward to going out and not having to share ANY of my food or drink with someone in the family that never likes what they have on their plate.
Hint: I am not talking about Wrigley or Jason.
There you have it. Our week in a nutshell.
I am leaving out the ugliness of our week-the frustrating moments, the sad ones, the unimportant...
Cause you don't really want to hear about all that, do you?
Happy Friday!



Oooh- a date night! I love those! Have a wonderful time with Jason tonight!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Leslie