Where has this week gone?
I just realized it has been a week since my last post.
Hollis and I visited Grandma and Grandpa LePage this past weekend.
It was a very low key visit-because they are very low key people and Grandma wasn't feeling herself.
We still managed to hit a bookstore, an ice cream parlor and some of our favorite Grand Blanc restaurants.
And Hollis and Grandpa fished and managed to catch some crabs in the creek.
I didn't know crabs lived in creeks, did you?
I was sayin' my prayers when these two hopped on a ladder together!
It was a good visit.
Hollis loves hearing stories about her Daddy when he was a boy.
And sleeping in his old room and playing with some of his old toys.
Fishing in the same creek with his old tackle box.
For some reason, these simple things are comforting to me too.
It makes me appreciate his folks-all the love and goodness and faith they poured into him to mold him into the amazing Daddy and husband he is today.
It is a priceless gift.
I hate having our families 10 hours and 5 hours away.
It can make me feel so desolate and orphan-like ( Is that a word?). And sad.
Maybe I should stop complaining about Indiana so people would move closer.
Any takers? :)
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment