Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Our Tuesday Outing

With storms in the forecast, we thought we might head eastward on antique alley instead of the State Park hike that was planned.
We didn't discover any noteworthy antiques, but we did stumble upon  this:
If you liked the movie Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, you would LOVE this store.
It had every kind of game, puzzle, gadget you could imagine.And I'm not talking about  lights and noises and toys that think for you..I'm talking about toys that force kids to use their imaginations.
I just realized I sound like a Grandma.
I know I am dating myself, but these were my favorites a looooong time ago.
It was so fun to feel like a little kid again-even if it was for only 30 minutes.
I am beginning to think Peter Pan had it right this whole time.
So was my Mom when she used to tell me not to be in a hurry to grow up.
Sometimes being a grown-up isn't all it's cracked up to be, is it?
Tempting. But I didn't cave.
I daresay this was the BEST toystore I have ever been in.
Too bad it's two hours away.
Or maybe that's a good thing for the budget.
Just when the day couldn't get any more whimsical..
We discovered a bakery...
Just looking at those cookies makes me happy. I had a hard time choosing just one.
This was my treasure for the day.
Every old town has a used bookstore.
And these golf books made Jason's heart go pitter patter.Those were his treasures for the day.
So there you have it. Our day off together in a nutshell.
I wish I could be more creative with this post, but I am one tired Mama.
Sorry.
I think it's off to bed I go..to get rested for some mighty special visitors we've been waiting too long to see.
Time for this grown up to say, "Good Night."

No comments:

Post a Comment