Saturday, August 14, 2010

Crooked Cabin

Jason's folks were so sweet and let us use their little cabin by the lake in Petoskey Michigan .
Although Jason and I have been there many times in the past 11 years, this was Miss Hollis' first visit.
I think she is in L-O-V-E.
We didn't do much besides read, nap swim and boat for a couple hours a day.
But it was just the vacation our little family needed right now.
Jason's brother Chris was able to join us for the boatride too!
Do you like Hollis' blue mouth?
She had Superman icecream that stained her teeth blue for the rest of the day.
 Wrigley was actually being good here at not barking, so I took a picture of him.
I love this picture of Jason.
He just looks so relaxed and happy.
Crooked Lake brings out the best in him. I think it must be his happy place.
It's shameless that we made it into town only one time. And that was to eat.
Petoskey has some of the best shopping there is.
But hey, when you're on a budget, you're on a budget, right?

 This is the first time I have ever driven a boat.
I asked Jason if I looked like one of those hot young numbers on the rap videos.
You know the ones-in their string bikinis and high heels driving the speedboats-
He started laughing hysterically.
Hmmm..wonder why? ;)
All good fireworks shows have a finale.
And this was ours.
Our farewell to summer finale.
Thank you, summer 2010.
We'll miss you so very much.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun getaway! That is the cutest picture of Wrigley! Please tell Hollis we'll be thinking of her as she starts her kindergarten year!
    I wish she and Luke could be in the same class....though I don't know how much learning would get done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pass on your compliment to Wrigley!:)
    He doesn't get too many.
    I wish Luke could be in Hollis' class too- learning is over-rated anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this cabin! It looks exactly what you would think a lake cabin would look like!
    And, that is a great picture of Jason.
    You SO look hot driving the boat and you tell him I said so. :)

    ReplyDelete