The oppressive heat has broken.
And it was Jason's turn to mark something off the summer list.
Since he only put two things on there, I figured it was only fair to at least get to one of them.
So we headed downtown to Victory Field to take in an Indians game last night.
There was no one there.
Maybe it was because all the responsible parents kept their children home because it was a school night.
It was dollar concession stand night at the park.
I will spare you the gruesome details, but let's just say we got our pennies worth.
Thank dear God I don't have to get weighed at the Dr's office this week.
One of the unexpected perks-there was a Crosby Stills and Nash concert going on adjacent to the park.
Anyone who knows me and knows me well, can tell you that I am not a participator nor a spectator of sports.
Jason kept telling me that this ballpark is one of the nicest in the country.
I think he was hoping I would appreciate the experience a little more.
I wouldn't know a nice park if a fly ball flew out and smacked me flat on my forehead.
This wasn't one of my summer "must do" picks, but I have to admit, it was a most perfect evening to spend with my family.
Just don't ask me who won the ballgame...cause I have no clue.
But I can tell you they have some killer nachos.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Cute post, Allie! I am the same way at most sporting events! Ben can get soooo into a game, like yelling-when-things-go-wrong into the game, and I am usually pretty oblivious. I am there to enjoy the crowd and the atmosphere!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had such a nice summer night!