I'm beaten down.
She has finally won.
Can you tell I have no control over what she wears anymore?
I call an outfit of this genre the "Shock and Awe".
She wore it to her new school today-the secretary,bless her heart, said,"I just love your boots."
Hollis just beamed.
I used to battle her EVERY SINGLE DAY about her outfits.
Tears and threats and control battles were a part of our morning routine.
Not anymore.
And that is more than fine with me.
Because I know in my heart there will bigger battles to fight then this one.
This is not the "mountain" on which I wish to die.
Besides, it's quite entertaining watching people react to her outfits.
I'm getting used to all those sympathetic grins.
Friday, August 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Oh I hear ya girl, even with boys. Here's what we do; on weekends and in the summer, it's all them. During the school year, I pick every day but Friday, and weekends, where they get to pick. That seems to work out ok for us. But otherwise as you said.... so many battles to choose.
ReplyDeleteLove her spirit...
She is so cute, Allie!
ReplyDelete