I was lucky enough to accompany Hollis and Co. on their first fieldtrip of the year on Friday.
I am not kidding when I say "Lucky".
I scored the last slot on the field trip sign up sheet- but not without throwing a couple of elbows to get there.
The teacher put me in charge of the 3 sweetest little girls.
She took pity on me..which I was really thankful for...I had been having some major Braxton-Hicks contractions the night before.
But I was bound and determined not to miss this fieldtrip.
I called my OB that morning and told her about my contractions-and she might want to check me out-but I had to go on a fieldtrip first.
All Jason could do was shake his head. at me.
"Z-ville Mom gives birth in local apple orchard."
Happens all the time, right?
Hollis had zip, zilch, nada to do with me the entire time.
All the other kids who had their Mamas there were sooo excited.
Not my Hollis.
She was all about her posse.
I can't really blame her..these girls are much, much cuter than I am.
This was Hollis' favorite part..the sampling of apples and cider.
What can I say?
The kid is a LePage/Church through and through.
We were at the orchard for 45 minutes and then it was time to get back on the bus.
And my one allotted field trip for the year was over, just like that.
Lots of apples,bees, cider and giggles...and no preterm babies.
And that, my friends, is the mark of an very successful school outing.
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment