It seems like we have waited forever for my parents annual summer visit...they were here for a couple of days and our lives were full of laughter and love and lots of good food..
And then they were gone again.
To be honest, I always have a little bit of adjusting to do after they leave.
I feel a little out of balance and a whole lotta sad.
I should be used to this after 12 years now, right?
For goodness sakes, I'm a 35 year old woman with a family of my own.
The heart ache I feel every time I have to hug them goodbye..that should be better by now?
No, I think sometimes the older you get, the more you need your parents.
Their comfort, their guidance,the joy of watching them delight in their grandchildren...their love they give so freely.
I don't think I will ever get used to being so far from them.
I don't want to.
And this I know is true.
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment