Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day

Hi Mom.
Happy Mothers Day.
Thanks for loving me the way only a mother could.
Thanks for never giving up on me even though when I know there were times when you really wanted to and, maybe even more importantly, teaching me to never give up on myself.
Thanks for helping teach me how to be a Mama to my sweet babies.
Thanks for teaching us that we are here to leave the world a better place-not just take from it.
Thanks for taking me to church so I could learn about God and Jesus-you gave me the gift of faith.
Thanks for teaching me the golden rule and making me write thank you notes.
Thanks for modeling kindness, love and respect in our home.
Thanks for all those silent sacrifices you made for us everyday,without ever getting a proper thank you.
Thanks for giving me the priceless gift of a wonderful childhood.
(I am not going to thank you for making me eat fried chicken liver though)


They say that you don't really appreciate your Mother until you have children of your own and that is so very true for me.

I wish I could be there to fix you a big plate of runny eggs and burnt toast this morning..and then eat off your plate. :)
I love you. I love you. I love you.

2 comments: