Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Slip Slidin' Away

Yesterday was the first day it was actually warm enough to swim in our neighborhood pool.
I tried to keep it under wraps but Hollis kept asking me if it was open and I couldn't lie.
I have expressed how I feel about community pools in previous blogs.
It's ok. I admit it.
I am a 100 percent authentic bonafide pool snob.

Hollis is the opposite of a pool snob.
She would swim in the retention pond if I would let her.
So we had to come to some sort of agreement yesterday about water recreation.

The good ol slip n slid.
Always comes through for you in a crunch, doesn't it?
Hollis does not "slip and slide" per say-but she does run down it until she falls.
Our slide is actually torn which means I have to stand there and spray the slide with the hose while she does what she does.
In 92 degrees on a hot cement slab.
I was very happy to do so.
She would run down/fall and shout
"MAMA, I ROCKED IT!"
It made me laugh out loud everytime.
Silly goose.
She was covered with mud and dead grass by the time it was all said and done.

It was an extra special treat to drink out of the hose.
Are kids supposed to do that anymore??

Jason got home from work and opened the back door,took one look and said
"Grassy"
or maybe he said
"Classy"

We'll show him next time though- we'll do it up big time
with a cabana boy and some fruit drinks.

1 comment: