Friday, April 9, 2010

Hollis-isms

A couple of things Hollis has said the past couple of weeks that have made me break out into a big smile:

I was worried that our fish Popcorn Ice-cream was sick. She wasn't swimming around in her bowl as usual and was not making the "happy bubbles" she makes when she is content(I know. It is pathetic that I moniter the moods of our fish). Anyway, I kinda wanted to prepare Hollis for the worst case scenario and told her I think Popcorn is really really sick. After the fourth time I told her she says
" Mama, I think Popcorn has a tummy ache. Maybe we should just rub her tummy for her."
Last night I was getting ready for bed and noticed a massive zit on my cheek. Hollis noticed it 6 feet away.

"Oh you poor little fing. You got bit by a mosquito."
So much for no one noticing. At least she didn't get me an ice pack for it like last time

We have been having "issues" with Hollis' hair for awhile now. She has fine, tangly hair like her Mama so it is a bear to brush it everyday. She screams like she is being exorcised of demons when you approach her with a hairbrush and then runs as fast as she can to her room. She also is the worlds 2nd  most messiest eater( I am the1st according to my husband) so particles of food always find their way in her hair when she eats. I have now gotten to the point that I just cut them out of her hair rather than have her pull a Linda Blair on me when I brush. Not some of my finer Mommy moments, but true.
Her Daddy said it was time for a haircut yesterday. He took her to the most overpriced childrens salon where they bribe them with ballons and videos and indoor slides. I think he realized he had lost the battle when she refused to get out of the car and said to him,
"I am NEVER getting my hair cut. Not even when I'm dead."
Hmmm...How do you even begin to argue with that?

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Those are classic! Thanks for making me laugh again! :)

    ReplyDelete