Like any weeks, our week has been filled with a few ups and a few downs.
It seems like I have been surrounded by sickness lately-of friends and family members.
All of them being severe and scary health issues.
And, like most sickness or disease, does not come with many answers-just long waits and a lot of "maybes".
It doesn't make it better that all of these loved ones are so far away that I feel like I can't help out that much.
Jason has asked me several times this week what has got me down -
Just worry-that's all-and we all know that worrying never does a lick of good.
But sometimes telling someone I'm praying for them doesn't feel like I am doing enough.
Hollis has been full of boundless energy this week.
And I have not.
I don't know if it is school or the baby or what but she seems to be highly excitable these days.
Her new favorite word is STINKY.
She can incorporate it into almost any situation, pretty impressively.
She had church camp yesterday and I was so excited not to hear the word stinky for 6 hours.
I cannot tell you how happy I was.
She also starts 50% of her sentences these days with,"Mama, by ACCIDENT I...."
Sometimes it's "Mama by accident I put my elbow on the computer." (She is not supposed to touch the computer.)
I can handle that "accident"
And sometimes it's ,"Mama, by accident, I was playing in my room and got gum in my hair and my carpet."
She woke me up from my nap yesterday to tell me that one.
Good times.
Jason came home Wed. and told me someone had stolen from the golf shop.
A random man came up to the club and somehow managed to swipe 3 members clubs while distracting the golf staff.
The sheriff told Jason that this guy was probably a "professional" of some sort and probably armed.
Lovely.
Unfortunately, Jason has to deal with this type of nonsense more frequently than he should.
What is wrong with people?
The sheriff's last words to Jason were, "Trust NO ONE."
That's a pretty sad commentary on the human condition, isn't it?
Last but not least, we attended to a surprise birthday party last night.
It was a "Dress for the Decades" party.
Hollis and I had our outfits picked out the second we got the invite.
Jason picked his out five minutes before we left for the party..
Hence, there are no pictures of his outfit.
Let me tell you, this girl LOVES to dance.
She is going to be my date at the next wedding.
No more sitting in a dark corner wistfully tapping my foot along to "The Hustle."
No siree.
There you have it.
The ups and downs of the week.
More downs than ups this week but that's life, isn't it?
It will make me appreciate next week's "ups" that much more.
At least that's what I'm telling myself.
Friday, July 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Hey Allie! Sorry your week hasn't been a great one. Hang in there! I'll give you a call later on today. On the bright side- you and Hollis look completely adorable dressed up for the dance! :)
ReplyDelete