Yesterday Hollis got in the car at pickup and told me she got a red block at school that day.
In the kindergartner world, a red block could be what the Scarlet Letter was to Hester Pryne.
A mark of disobedience for the entire population to observe and take note.
Hollis said she was not using her inside voice in the bathroom (the teacher had to make several trips in there) and she got a little too excited/loud when the boy beside her told her a funny joke(I don't even want to know the joke).
Hence, she was then sentenced to the "red block" which perched upon her desk for the rest of the day,which in turn caused her to sob uncontrollably and then stick her tongue out at her classmates(Now I would've paid to see that.)
LOVELY.
Couldn't she at least make it through the first month BEFORE getting a red block?
After intense discussion with her dad and the loss of some privileges for the day, I was still a hand wringing flustered Mama.
I looked at Jason and said,"Do you realize she is the first girl in the ENTIRE class to get a red block?"
To which he pauses,looks me in the eye, and replies," Hey, what do you want me to tell you? The kid is just a natural born leader."
I just love the way that man thinks.
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Sorry Hollis had a rough day. Hope today was better!
ReplyDelete