Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Happy Burf-Day Hollis

We took Hollis away for her birthday. She wanted a "trip" birthday instead of a "friend" birthday this year.
I'll give you one guess how old she is now.
We went to Madison Indiana and stayed at Clifty Inn State Park.
Madison is a charming little town on the Ohio River. It is sprinkled with "grand old ladies" like this

and this

We ate lunch at Hinkles-they serve one mean hamburger


We went antiquing and didn't break anything.


Hollis wanted to tour the Lanier Mansion. She thought she might see some ghosts.Our tour guide gave her the golden key to open the mansion.
She was hot stuff.
I was kinda jealous he gave her the key.
But it was her birthday.

There is supposed to be a Lady in Red that haunts the mansion. She wasn't haunting when we were there.Thank you Sweet Jesus.
We ate A LOT of this stuff...

Our hotel had a pool.
One of us was really happy to be in it.

And one of us was really not.

He kept saying,"Why are all these people in the pool?Where did they all come from?"
"Shouldn't they be eating dinner?"
     "I don't know if we can all fit in here."
And then he would shoot me the Evil Eye(as I sat and read InStyle in a chair).

The greatroom of the inn was filled with all sorts of family games

                                     And a roaring fireplace where we read bedtime stories.
We were up with the sun opening presents.
And then off to hike

And feel the warm sun on our faces.

Happy 5th Birthday, Sweet Hollis.
I can't wait to see what God has planned for you.
Thank you for being ours because you could've easily been someone else's.
We love to watch you SHINE.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Happy Birthday sweet girl. Wonderfully captured with photos. You are a great example of someone keeping it real and keeping it simple in todays world. Keep it up!!!! It's inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a cool indoor pool to have a live whale!!!! Oh wait that is just me, your out of shape husband. I really appreciate your getting my good side (I could have at least sucked in). You are the best and that was a great little get away. I can't wait until our next family adventure. I love you and Lou so much.

    ReplyDelete