Monday, March 29, 2010

The Visit

I love the looks on Hollis' face in these pictures...


Doesn't she look like she hit a BIG Jackpot?
She did. My parents came to visit this weekend.



We didn't do anything out of the ordinary super-duper special.
Because when you live 10 hours away from your parents, every minute you spend with them is  super duper special.
Even if it's just going to Trader Joe's on a Sat. or Panera  Bread after church.
Thanks for coming to visit, Mom and Dad.
I know it is not an easy trip.Nor fun.
I wish I could tell you that I don't get a big ole ugly lump in my throat when you leave, but I would be lying.
I hate watching your car turn off our road to where I can no longer see you.
Your hands out the windows waving goodbye.
It still makes me feel lost, even at 35 years old.
But I know we will be together again soon.
Thank you for such a super duper special visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment