We went to church and served dinner to some homeless families on Thursday night. Hollis was still not feeling up to par but she served them with a skip in her step and a smile on her face. She kept saying
"Mama, this is fun."
I was so proud of her.
It felt so good to serve as the hands and feet of God for the evening.
I decided we need to do much much more of that in our family.
We spent Sat evening with the Hedenbergs and some neighbors and friends. Leslie and Ben leave on Wed for Knoxville. I couldn't be more happy for this new chapter in their lives but am not looking forward to the void I will feel when they leave. My Mom always used to say that it is harder to be left than it is to leave. Whether one agrees with this sentiment or not, I know my heart is a little heavier this week, to be sure.



I absolutely believe that's true A, even when friends leave for a weekend you feel blue. The "leaver" is always busy and on the go and the "leavee" is just sitting there feeling left! :) Sorry you've had to be a "leavee" so much lately!
ReplyDeleteOh, Allie, my heart is heavy as well. I'll miss you terribly. *sniff sniff*
ReplyDeleteYes. I am beginning to get a complex here-thanks to the two of you!! :)
ReplyDelete