Wednesday, March 17, 2010

See Ya'll Later

Leslie and the kids left this morning.
And I'm as sad as I thought I would be.
The "ugly cry" erupted when she left. It was not pretty.
Leslie and I met 3 years ago at the library.
They had just moved here from Saint Louis and she was homesick.
Come to find out, the Hedenbergs lived in our same neighborhood.
I didn't realize how lucky I was.
She asked me to be in her bookclub and I asked her over for playdate. And that's how it began.
We laugh and joke about Hollis and Luke ending up together later in life(Don't tell her, but I'm not joking).
I bet you've never seen two kids more happy to be together. They explode with joy.
The Hedenberg children are kind, happy,innocently sweet tenderhearted souls.
 Everything good this world needs a little more of.
 I considered Leslie my family away from family.
When my heart was shattered into a million pieces last March, she was one of the first ones over here with a warm meal and tears in her eyes.
"No one cries alone if I'm around" and she cried with me.
I don't forget things like that.
And Ben? He is funny. I mean really funny.I AM CONSTANTLY LAUGHING WHEN HE IS IN THE ROOM.
And he loves his family.

So, you can tell I am going to miss my friends very very much.I feel abundantly blessed by their friendship. If you ever met them, you would love them as much as I do.

Promise.

2 comments:

  1. I had the ugly cry going for about a mile as I drove away and you made me tear up again reading your sweet post. Thank you, Allie, for your kind words. The feeling is mutual; you were my family in Zionsville. I will miss seeing the LePages on a regular basis, but I know that our friendship will continue despite the distance. As we said, this was a "see you soon" rather than a goodbye, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you can't get rid of me just by moving to Knoxville. I'll see you very soon!

    ReplyDelete